Thursday, January 13, 2011

Life with Two Kids

Crazy, chaotic, messy.......rewarding, joyful, and amazing--that's how I would describe life with two. Though admittedly I'm not so sure that we have had the most normal transition to two that most people do. Faith has been an absolutely AMAZING big sister. She loves her baby brother and tells him all the time how he's going to be her best friend. I love this! She really wants to play with him, but is frustrated because he "cries all the time"!

Colin is cute as can be and I see glimpses of what a happy baby he can be. I am hoping that more and more of that will come out as we move forward. He's had such issues with reflux, wondering if he was a bit colicky, been very fussy at times, and hard to figure out. He has done everything much faster than most....he's already rolling across the room, holding his head up perfectly straight, and eating baby food at 4.5 months. I have a feeling that he will crawl early.....watch out! I do see this happy baby and we hope and pray that the fussy phase somehow gets behind us. It's been a wonderful but very trying four months and when he smiles or laughs or coos now it all makes it worthwhile.

Thank God for my husband who is my rock, my dear mother who helps us exponentially, and my amazing support network which includes my sisters and my dear friends who keep me sane! I am so grateful for my two beautiful kids and can't wait until we can enjoy so much of the good stuff that is to come!

Faith started preschool last week and is LOVING it!! I cried the entire ride home the first day as I had never really left her. But she seems to be adjusting just fine and I think it's a good thing for my almost three year old. Hard to believe she will turn three next week and Colin will already be five months too! The time truly does go fast!

I am slowly starting back to work and hoping to get into it more and more. I LOVE my kids and feel so very fortunate to be home with them. I do however also love my writing and feel so blessed to be able to do this for a living so that I can be home with my kids. I pray that it continues!

More updates to come from the house of chaos and love!

No comments: